Tuesday, March 16, 2010

My first poem

Looks like they are coming up, one after the other...

This is my very first poem I wrote way back when I was living in Vienna for a while, exactly these days of the year, middle of March. On a Sunday morning, around 7, I woke up to the notion of having the first words of a poem in my mind.

Opened my eyes quickly, got paper and pencil and finished it. And strange enough, but a bit later I was also thinking about a melody for it, still didn't do anything with it. Just these days now I scraped it out from my back drawers and started to work it out.

Even more strange that that time, I didn't even have a clue of who was the person I was writing it to...

I'LL BE YOU

Take my love and I'll be you,
Take my thought and I'll be you,
Take my eyes and I'll be you,

Take my lips and I'll be you,
Take my hand and I'll be you,
Take my body and I'll be you,

Take my hope and I'll be you,
Take my dreams and I'll be you,
Take my soul and I'll be you,

Take my goal and I'll be you,
Take my heart and I'll be you,
Take my life, forever YOU.

-- Andrea Gerak



Also in Andrea's Blog
More poems
More love stories
Share/Bookmark

No comments: